On January 8, we held the semifinals for the presentation section of our Zion Cup English Contest. Two groups were chosen from each English Discussion and Advanced Discussion class.
- Yuki Ooe, Wakana Kaneko, Kana Kiyoshima—The Growth of OLC Group
- Aika Sakisako, Miho Hidaka, Sayuri Tsutsumi—Educational Growth in Cambodia
- Ayano Arakaki, Yuka Okada, Azusa Matsumoto—Growth of myself
- Kurumi Kaminaga, Haruka Otaguro—How to grow yourself in love and work
- Sayaka Akamine, Akiko Matsuyama—The Growth of Japanese Food
- Aki Satou, Reina Moritake—The atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Yuumi Kenai, Kanako Maeno, Ayaka Yamanaka—Story of our growth
- Hiroko Kimura, Marie Kubota—Rabbit story
It was a very close contest, and the judges (Ms Nishioka and Ms Tsukamoto) had a hard job deciding the finalists. In the end, Groups 2, 4, and 5 were chosen. They will compete in the Zion English Cup final on January 22.